GIST Scholarship in South Korea 2023 | Fully Funded
For the year 2023, the GIST Scholarship in South Korea is now accepting applications. This completely supported fellowship assists persons in their pursuit of MS, Ph.D., and MS degrees that lead to Ph.D. degrees. The GIST scholarship in South Korea teaches gifted people how to advance in the sciences and technologies.
One of the most prominent scholarships in Korea, it fosters cutting-edge learning and abilities through courses and projects that are research-focused. This fully financed fellowship in South Korea is open to international students from all nations. This international scholarship in South Korea provides monthly stipends in addition to paying tuition costs and one-way airfare to Korea. Also, the length of the GIST scholarship is three, seven, and eight years for the MS, Ph.D., and combined MS/Ph.D.
For the Latest Scholarship Opportunities Join Us on Telegram
For the Latest Scholarship Opportunities Join Us on Whatsapp.
For the Latest Scholarship Opportunities Join Us on our Facebook Group
Fields Offered at Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology:
- School of Computer Science and Electrical Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering School
- School of Environmental Engineering and Earth Sciences
- Graduate School of Artificial Intelligence School of Integrated Technologies Department of Physics and Photon Science
- School of Life Science
- Energy Convergence School
Eligibility Criteria for the GIST Scholarship in South Korea:
- Before enrolling at GIST, applicants must have earned their final degree.
- Their bachelor’s degree must be on par with a bachelor’s from Korea.
- Moreover, candidates from various nations are welcome (except for South Korea).
- They ought to have good English skills.
- Applicants need to have a strong academic history.
- Students must exhibit superior academic performance.
- Also, they need to fulfill the prerequisites and requirements of the course or program they are applying for.
Benefits of Fully Funded GIST scholarship:
- For international students, the scholarship will pay their entire tuition cost.
- A 140,000 Won stipend will be given to MS students each month.
- A 295,000 Won stipend will be given to Ph.D. students each month.
- Students pursuing MS and Ph.D. degrees will be given a meal subsidy of 100,000 Won.
- MS and Ph.D. students will be given a 120,000 Won international student allowance. Nonetheless, students must continue to maintain a GPA of 3.0 or above out of a possible 4.5 for the prior semester.
- A research assistantship worth 4,785,384 won will be provided to MS students who take part in research projects, while a research assistantship worth 12,263,262 won will be provided to Ph.D. students.
- Also, GIST will pay for a one-way ticket to South Korea (only once).
Moreover, 60% of national health insurance will be covered, including yearly physicals.
To qualify for student and meal privileges under the GIST scholarship, students must have earned at least nine credits in the preceding semester.
Gist Scholarship Requirements:
The supporting materials that candidates must attach to their online application are listed below. Applications that are wrong or incomplete won’t be taken into account for the award.
- Online application
- Official transcripts and degrees. It is recommended to use an apostille, but notarized copies are also acceptable.
- Two letters of recommendation bearing the endorsers’ stamps and signatures.
- A passport photocopy for the applicant.
- Report of the official English language test Examples includes the TOEFL (BT) 80, TOEFL (PBT) 550, IELTS 6.5, TOEIC 750, and NEW TEPS 327.
- If you are unable to get your test results in a timely manner, your home university may be able to provide you with a professional English language competence certificate attesting to the fact that English was used as the primary medium of instruction at your prior institution.
- Students that are interested can apply by clicking the apply now link.
- Application for the GIST scholarship is done online.
- You must complete the application form completely.
- No fields should be left blank; instead, enter NA.
- Send in the necessary paperwork.
- After you submit your application, the international admissions coordinator will get in touch with you.
- The admission offer will be sent to applicants through email, and they have 15 days from the email’s receipt to reply.
- Next, pay the matriculation fee; if you are unable to do so, submit an application for a fee waiver.
- Students will be given an entrance certificate, a financial sponsorship certificate, and an invitation letter upon registration.
Gist scholarship 2023 deadline:
- The deadline for the GIST September 2023 intake scholarship is 14 April 2023.
More Scholarships: Central South University (CSU) University Scholarship 2023-2024
More Scholarships: UEL Postgraduate Scholarship 2023-24