Foreign graduates from developing and newly industrialized nations who have at least two years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree are eligible for German government DAAD scholarships. These scholarships allow recipients to pursue a master’s or doctoral degree in Germany and to earn a degree from a German university (Master’s/Ph.D.).
For the Latest Scholarship Opportunities Join Us on Telegram
For the Latest Scholarship Opportunities Join Us on Whatsapp.
For the Latest Scholarship Opportunities Join Us on our Facebook Group
The DAAD supports the training of specialists from developing and recently industrialized nations through its postgraduate study programs that are development-oriented.
The sustained growth of their nations depends heavily on locally trained experts who are connected to international partners.
More Scholarships: Netherlands Government Scholarships for International Students
More Scholarships: Study-In-Belgium: Government of Flanders Master Mind Scholarships for International Students
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | Ph.D. Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accomodaion | 1,200 Euros Monthly Stipend | Airfare Allowance
- Deadline: Varies By Courses
These are the available courses in the DAAD Scholarship
- Economic Sciences/ Business Administration/ Political Economics
- Development Cooperation
- Engineering and Related Sciences
- Regional and Urban Planning
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Natural and Environmental Sciences
- Medicine and Public Health
- Social Sciences, Education, and Law
- Media Studies
More Scholarships: Strathclyde Business School Scholarships in UK 2023 | Fully Funded
More Scholarships: 10 Top Mexico Scholarships 2023-2024 | Study In Mexico
More Scholarships: Khalifa University Scholarships in UAE 2023 | Fully Funded
The Typical Scholarship Holder
- Works in a developing country for a governmental authority, a state, a commercial corporation, or both, and as such is involved in planning and carrying out projects and directives with a focus on development policies affecting technological, economic, or social areas.
- Has completed a four-year Bachelor’s degree program in a comparable field.Has, at the time of application, earned a bachelor’s degree with significantly above-average grades (upper third) and at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- His or her academic credentials shouldn’t be older than six years.
Applicants who have been residents in Germany for longer than 15 months at the application deadline cannot be considered
Scholarship Duration and Reward:
- Payments per month range from 934 euros for graduates to 1,200 euros for doctorate candidates, depending on an academic level
- Travel allowance is paid for health, accident, and personal liability insurance unless the home country or another financial source covers these costs.
The following extra advantages are possible for scholarship recipients in specific situations:
- Monthly rent assistance.
- Monthly stipend for accompanying family members.
More Scholarships: Asian Development Bank Scholarship 2023-24 | Fully funded
More Scholarships: Taiwan Scholarships 2023 For International Students – Fully Funded
More Scholarships: Aspire Leaders Program 2023 | Fully Funded | Leadership Program
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Completed and signed checklist
- DAAD application “Application for a research/study scholarship” (please type your answers or make sure they are easy to read)
- A curriculum vitae in reverse chronological order without any unexplained gaps (please use the Europass template including exact information about your studies and practical experience.
- One motivation letter that includes specific references to the applicant’s academic, professional, and personal justifications for applying to the program.
- Important: In the letter of motivation, please include specific justifications for your decision to apply for more than one postgraduate course (a maximum of three courses). Please send the same motivation letter to all of your desired postgraduate degree programs.
[list a Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must be on company letterhead, bear your signature, have an official stamp, and be dated within the last six months.]
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) attesting to at least two years of relevant work experience following the receipt of a Bachelor’s degree up to the application deadline, and if feasible, a promise that your current company would rehire you when you return home. If at all possible, the employment certificate from the current employer should include a promise of continued work upon return to the country of origin.
Recent evidence of language abilities:
- o English: TOEFL or IELTS (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- o German is a prerequisite for German-taught courses.
- Copies of the diplomas you received during your graduate studies. If the original is not in German or
- English, kindly give a certified translation and make sure these are very legible.
Method of Application
Apply directly to the chosen study program
Application and Selection Procedure
- Step 1: You send your complete application(s) directly to the postgraduate course.
- Step 2: A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- Step 3: The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal.
- Step 4: The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
More Scholarships: Think Big Scholarships 2023 | University of Bristol | Study in UK
More Scholarships: UEL Postgraduate Scholarship 2023-24
More Scholarships: Fully Funded Masters Degree Scholarships in Canada for International Students
More Scholarships: IST Internship Program in Austria 2023 | Paid Internship in Europe
WAIT FOR APPLY LINK 90 SECONDS
Scholarship Apply page Automatically Open after 90 Seconds