Start your study adventure in Colombia. Good News! Applications for Colombian Government Scholarships are currently open. In this article, we will explain in detail about this scholarship program, its benefits, and the application process step by step.
The Colombian Government Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship program for international students. This scholarship is offered for specialization, master’s, and doctoral studies. These scholarships will cover the full cost of the scholarship, books, monthly grants, and tuition fees.
This scholarship call is intended for foreign citizens of all nationalities to study a master’s, doctoral or specialist scholarship. You will study in Colombian educational institutes. 50 international scholarships will be awarded.
More Scholarships: Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships 2023 in Canada | Fully Funded
More Scholarships: ERA Scholarship 2023 for $1 Million In Canada| Apply Now and Win Big
More Scholarships: List Of Fully Funded Italian Scholarships 2023\24 | Study Free in Italy
- Level of Study: Masters, Ph.D., Specialization Degree
- Institution(s): Colombia Educational Institutes
- Study in: Colombia
- Opportunity Focus Areas: Any full-time Master, Doctoral, or Specialization Degree.
- Program Period: The Duration of the Columbia scholarships will Consist of (12) Months for Specialization, Twenty-four (24) Months for a Master and up to Thirty-Six (36) Months for Doctorate Degree.
- Deadline: June 12, 2023
Colombian Government Scholarships provide the recipient with the following benefits:
Monthly allowance: A grant equal to 3 minimum monthly statutory salaries. $2,484,348 Colombian pesos.
Tuition fees: 100% coverage of all these costs provided by Colombian universities (only for academic programs listed in the catalog of this call).
Scholarship for books and materials: Grant of 401,321 COP one time, at the beginning of the academic program
Health insurance: Broad coverage of medical assistance only in Colombia during your studies.
Books and Materials: ($425,400) for books and materials.
Installation costs: One-time grant of ($425,400) at the beginning of the study.
More Scholarships: Tuition-Free Swedish Universities 2023 | Apply Now
More Scholarships: Bank of America Summer Internship 2024 (Apply Now)
More Scholarships: Mitacs Internship In Canada 2024 | Fully Funded | Globalink Research Internship
More Scholarships: Seoul National University Scholarship 2023 | Applications Online
More Scholarships: University of Amsterdam Postgraduate Scholarship
Eligibility Criteria for Colombian Government Scholarships:
To qualify for Colombian government scholarships, a candidate must meet all of the following requirements:
- Eligible countries: All countries of the world:
- Being a citizen a foreigner. They do not have Colombian nationality. Foreign professionals who do not have dual citizenship
- (Colombians) do not reside in Colombia.
- Not to be older than 50 years.
- Have a professional or bachelor’s degree.
- Have a 4.0 out of 5.0 average or its equivalent on the Colombian scale to apply for a call
- Be admitted to at least a graduate program listed in the General Call 2023 Academic Offer Catalogue
- Documents must be sent in physical form to the ICETEX offices in Bogotá. Address: Carrera 3 No. 18-32.
- An applicant can submit up to 3 letters of acceptance.
- No original documents are required.
- It is necessary for foreign applicants to carefully read the invitation and send only the required documents to ICETEX. Certified or notarized copies are accepted.
How to Apply for Colombian Government Scholarships?
Please visit the official website link given at the end. However, here are the important guidelines to take advantage of the Colombian government scholarships:
More Scholarships: $20,000 Merit-Based Scholarships at Syracuse University in the USA
More Scholarships: 5000 Fully Funded Scholarships in Canada
More Scholarships: Study in Canada With Low CGPA 2024
More Scholarships: 100+ Ph.D. Scholarship at Silesian University of Technology | Poland
More Scholarships: Harvard University Free Online Courses 2023
- Eligible candidates can apply for fully funded Colombian government scholarships online.
- Applicants must complete the application form and submit the completed form. Applicants must also print a copy of the online form summary to be included with the physical application.
- After completing the online application, the applicant must also submit a physical application to the Colombian government. The application includes the following documents:
- Likewise the Academic Letter of Recommendation
- Acceptance letter from Columbia University
- curriculum vitae
- Furthermore, a score related to the knowledge of the Spanish language
- Academic essay arguing the importance of your study in Columbia
- Additionally, notarized copies of academic transcripts
- Similarly, a copy of the passport
- Certificate of professional practice
- Health card
- Also a summary of the online application for this call
- Documents should be addressed to the ICETEX OFCES in Bogotá. Address: Carrera 3 No. 18-32.
To know more about Colombian government scholarships, please visit the official website:
Colombian Government Scholarship Website in English